LotLinx is a leading automotive SaaS data company, we build AI-powered technology to provide clients with end-to-end Vehicle Management and Marketing Systems. We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to work on internal analysis and customer facing products.
This is an exciting, collaborative and challenging position that will involve significant analysis, problem solving and critical thinking skills. You will work with massive automotive industry datasets that include supply, demand, Google Analytics, marketing, customer behavior and industry trends to create analytical models that are used by thousands of clients to automatically optimize their inventory strategies and advertising across dozens of marketing channels.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Machine Learning teams on complex customer facing projects
- Work with and maintain multi-terabyte, complex data sources
- Define, collect, study and manage the data used to power our SaaS products
- Report writing and visualization for internal and external stakeholders
- Compile, analyze, validate and transform data using data validation and statistical methods
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Support databases and processes
- Proactively implement data standards, guidelines on data ownership, coding structures
What we’re looking for:
- Team player – this is a cross-functional role that works directly with multiple teams
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively with little supervision
- 3+ years of advanced SQL experience including:
- Extensive use of advanced features (CTEs, UDFs, SPs, recursion, window & geospatial functions)
- Optimizing SQL for multi -terabyte datasets
- Indexing, partitioning, sharding, clustering strategies
- Data Architecture and Warehousing experience
- Experience with visualization technologies such as Looker or Google Data Studio
- Excel and/or Google sheets experience
- Familiarity with Data Engineering best practices
- A strong combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and reporting acumen
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and to become a subject matter expert in our industry
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements from conception to production
We know a lot of experience is transferable and that great team members can learn anything but these are some specific things that would make you really stand out.
- Working experience as a software developer
- Extensive BigQuery experience including using nested repeating structs
- Experience working with raw GA360 data
- Python or R experience
- In depth knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with Data Engineering tools like Airflow, Kafka, Dataflow
- Experience working with Automotive industry data and general industry knowledge
- Experience working on advertising focused products
- Experience analyzing data from third-party providers such as Google Ads or Facebook advertising etc
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, or business, with an analytics focus
Preference would be given to candidates in Winnipeg and Vancouver but remote candidates are welcome to apply.
LotLinx is the best-in-class, AI-powered Inventory Management solution for the automotive industry. LotLinx uses advanced machine learning technology to help vehicle sellers analyze shopper data, identify high intent purchasers, and execute inventory-specific strategies to reduce days on lot and improve margin per vehicle.